Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gary Browne <G....@library.usyd.edu.au> on 2007/05/11 09:03:31 UTC

Still having indexing problems

Hello

I have tried indexing the example files using the Jetty method, rather
than Tomcat, which still didn't work. I would prefer to use my Tomcat
URL.

After starting jettty, I issued

Java -jar post.jar http://localhost:8983/solr/update solr.xml
monitor.xml

as in the examples on the tutorial, but post.jar cannot be found...

Where is it? Is there a path variable I need to set up somewhere?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer
Library IT Services
University of Sydney
Australia
ph: 61-2-9351 5946

Re: Still having indexing problems

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 5/11/07, Gary Browne <G....@library.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have tried indexing the example files using the Jetty method, rather
> than Tomcat, which still didn't work. I would prefer to use my Tomcat
> URL.
>
> After starting jettty, I issued
>
> Java -jar post.jar http://localhost:8983/solr/update solr.xml
> monitor.xml
>
> as in the examples on the tutorial, but post.jar cannot be found...

Try using the latest nightly build?
If you are using 1.1, just use the post.sh

-Yonik

Re: Still having indexing problems

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Java -jar post.jar http://localhost:8983/solr/update solr.xml
: monitor.xml

: as in the examples on the tutorial, but post.jar cannot be found...

the tutorial on the website is the most current tutorial for the most
current development builds ... please refer to the tutorial included with
the release of Solr you are using for the most acurate information.

-Hoss