Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sumant Sahney <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/26 19:11:59 UTC

Mentor

Hi,
I am new to Open Source.
I am really confused on how to get started with open source. I would really appreciate if someone can help me through the process and help me get started.
Can someone please share the code documentation with me as well. Which I can refer to get an idea about all the modules.

Thanks,
Sumant

Re: Mentor

Posted by Akash Gangil <ak...@gmail.com>.
There isn't really a code walkthrough if that's what you are looking for.

However, a good start is to to check out the code. Here are the steps:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/tree/trunk/doc/source/development

Next, would be to try and see if any of the low hanging fruits interest
you.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14228?jql=labels%20%3D%20lhf

--
Akash

RE: Mentor

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
That one is JIRA 14264:

I won't be writing that one anytime soon but if it existed I would be
reading it.  If the guru's would throw some text in the JIRA as they have it
handy, myself or someone else will take it from there.

Kenneth Brotman

Re: Mentor

Posted by Darshan Sreenivasamurthy <da...@gmail.com>.
+ 1

RE: Mentor

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, how about a nice Quick Tour Document for dev's that want to get oriented on the code efficiently.  I would like that too.

Kenneth Brotman