Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leonel Gayard <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/20 18:56:04 UTC

[Axis2] - (Newbie) Is there a stateful context in WebServices ? Or in Axis ?

Hi all,

I just started using Axis2 and WebServices.

>From all the examples I've seen, it seems that WebServices are
stateless by nature. Is there any way to have a stateful context ?

Also, is there any interface that I can implement and that is invoked
by the Axis2 server at deploy-time ? When I used servlets, I used to
create a class that implemented the interface ServletContextListener,
and set the class name in the file web.xml. This class would then be
invoked by the servlet container when the application was deployed.

Is there a similar class that is invoked by the server when the
application is deployed ?

[]'s
Leonel

Re: [Axis2] - (Newbie) Is there a stateful context in WebServices ? Or in Axis ?

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Loenal,
I'll answer your first question regarding the stateful nature of axis2.
Of course Axis2 provides stateful session management. I'd suggest you to
read http://www.developer.com/java/web/article.php/3620661 written by
Deepal Jayasinghe, which explains Axis2 session management in simple manner.

regards
Charitha

Leonel Gayard wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just started using Axis2 and WebServices.
>
>>>From all the examples I've seen, it seems that WebServices are
>stateless by nature. Is there any way to have a stateful context ?
>
>Also, is there any interface that I can implement and that is invoked
>by the Axis2 server at deploy-time ? When I used servlets, I used to
>create a class that implemented the interface ServletContextListener,
>and set the class name in the file web.xml. This class would then be
>invoked by the servlet container when the application was deployed.
>
>Is there a similar class that is invoked by the server when the
>application is deployed ?
>
>[]'s
>Leonel

Charitha Kankanamge
WSO2 inc.
Flower Road, Colombo 07
+94 714268070

A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected