Posted to user@usergrid.apache.org by Paul Summers <50...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/18 22:39:40 UTC

Number of Orgs/Apps

Is there a reasonable/recommended maximum number of Organizations or Applications?  I'm thinking in terms of at least hundreds, and perhaps into the low thousands.

Paul

Re: Number of Orgs/Apps

Posted by Rod Simpson <ro...@rodsimpson.com>.
For the Stack side of things, there is no maximum number, apart from maximums that hardware resources will impose.   I know of many different installations where there are maybe as many as 50 -100K different orgs, each owned by different users.

On the other hand, if one Admin user account has access to all of these orgs, then the Admin portal may not function very well.  The Stack will function just fine, but the drop-downs in the UI may not work super well.  Also, on login, the system returns a list of all the orgs owned by that user.  I think it caps out at some maximum, so the call will still succeed, it just won’t have all the orgs listed.

Rod

--
Rod Simpson
T @rockerston