Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lee Leahu <le...@ricis.com> on 2009/01/07 02:01:15 UTC

Assertion failed in text_delta when running svn diff -r

Hi List,

I ran across this error yesterday when trying to show the differences
for a particular revision:

$ svn diff -r 288:289
svn: subversion/libsvn_delta/text_delta.c:609: apply_window: Assertion
`window->sview_len == 0 || (window->sview_offset >= ab->sbuf_offset &&
(window->sview_offset + window->sview_len >= ab->sbuf_offset +
ab->sbuf_len))' failed.
Aborted

Revision 289 contains changes to only 1 file: .cache/.dataModel
That file is Eclipse's data model file, mostly a binary file

Revisions 288 and 289 both have the 'svn:mime-type' property set to
'application/octet-stream' on that file.

I've already tried 'svnadmin recover' and 'db4.5_recover' commands on
the repository.

I'm stuck.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

--
Lee Leahu            Home Office: 1-815-630-2349
RICIS, Inc.          Cell Phone:  1-847-337-3422

Re: Assertion failed in text_delta when running svn diff -r

Posted by Lee Leahu <le...@ricis.com>.
Hi,

I have resolved this issue.

There was either corruption in the repository or an incompatibility
between the 1.4.6 and the 1.5.4 formats.

A dump / reload of the repository has resolved the issue.

I can run 'svn diff -r 288:289' successfully on the new repository.

Thanks!

Posted by Lee Leahu <le...@ricis.com>.
Hi,

I found that I can 'svn export' revisions 288 and 289.  Diff then shows
that only the .cache/.dataModel file has changed.

Any way to get 'svn diff -r 288:289' to show the same thing?