Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Er...@swissinfo.ch on 2002/05/14 18:34:25 UTC

Installing a Tag library for all web applications?

Hi

Can anyone give me some quick help on how to install a Tag Library for every
web application running on Tomcat?
I figured that I probably need to put the *.jar into /common/lib and that
the <taglib> definitions need to be in /conf/web.xml, but what about the
*.tld files? All the examples put them into some WEB-INF directory.
Any hint would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
Eric

swissinfo/Swiss Radio International
Eric Lewis
IT Engineering
Giacomettistrasse 1
CH-3000 Berne 15

Phone: 	++41 31 350 95 42
Fax: 	++41 31 350 99 40
mailto:eric.lewis@swissinfo.ch

Switzerland is everywhere. Stay connected!
http://www.swissinfo.org
http://mobile.swissinfo.org
http:/wap.swissinfo.org

SRG SSR idée suisse

Re: Installing a Tag library for all web applications?

Posted by Nirupama Yalavarti <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
 As far as I've learned,
.tld goes to \ROOT\WEB-INF         ,                 .jar to \ROOT\WEB-INF\lib
the definitions ie
<taglib>

<taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/dbtags.tld</taglib-location>

</taglib> ( this is specific to dbtags)

goes  to \ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml  ( as i learned, but ur version is different.......may be this is where i was mislead...got to check)
and the tag <%@taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags-1.0"prefix="dbtags" %>
in the jsp in which the tags are being used....
Anything appears to be wrong is welcome to be noticed and comented.
Thanks
Nirupama

  Eric.Lewis@swissinfo.ch wrote: Hi

Can anyone give me some quick help on how to install a Tag Library for every
web application running on Tomcat?
I figured that I probably need to put the *.jar into /common/lib and that
the definitions need to be in /conf/web.xml, but what about the
*.tld files? All the examples put them into some WEB-INF directory.
Any hint would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
Eric

swissinfo/Swiss Radio International
Eric Lewis
IT Engineering
Giacomettistrasse 1
CH-3000 Berne 15

Phone: ++41 31 350 95 42
Fax: ++41 31 350 99 40
mailto:eric.lewis@swissinfo.ch

Switzerland is everywhere. Stay connected!
http://www.swissinfo.org
http://mobile.swissinfo.org
http:/wap.swissinfo.org

SRG SSR id�e suisse