Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Daniel Sack <Da...@techtalk.at> on 2010/05/20 19:51:56 UTC

qpidc 0.6 - wcf channel - Win 7x64 gpsvc.dll

Hello,

We are currently working on a projekt and want to use qpid (c++ version) as our message broker.

Our clients are written in c# and using the wcf channel implementation.

On our win 7 x86 developer boxes all is working fine.
On our win 7 x64 developer boxes we have the following  problem

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Source Error:
Stack Trace:
[FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35

We tried out the msi packages from: http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm
Dependncy walker is saying that the following assembly is missing: gpsvc.dll

Does somebody of you have a solution for our problem?

Best Regards,
Daniel Sack
---
TechTalk
+43 (1) 4023596-85
Mehr über mich... / My details...<http://web.techtalk.at/signatures/default.aspx?EmpID=ds>

Re: qpidc 0.6 - wcf channel - Win 7x64 gpsvc.dll

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

The most likely explanation is that you have mixed 32 and 64 bit components.

On the 64 bit machine, you must use the qpidc-0.6-x64.msi to install.
Update the PATH environment to point to the bin directory for all
processes (including system services if applicable) that will be using
the WCF channel.  Further installing the Qpid Channel and Interop
modules to the GAC is not sufficient if the underlying qpidcommon.dll,
qpidclient.dll, and the boostXXX.dll modules are also found by the
running process.

I have a fresh Windows 7 64bit box and will try a fresh install to run
against just to be sure.

Let us know how you make out.

Cliff

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org