Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/03 16:37:31 UTC

Re: Does FOP-1.1rc1 change handling of RGB values?

On 31/08/2012 21:52, rsargent wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I'm not sure how to read this.  Are you endorsing string-replace as the way
> to go to get cmyk into the pdf or was that meant to be tongue-in-cheek?

No I certainly was not endorsing string replace. I was intending to
endorse the rgb-icc function.

> I was about to switch over to using rgb-icc since we have two colour
> profiles in play.  If you're suggesting that string-replace is preferrable,
> then I really have to get the correct(ed) strings from somebody.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.
Thanks for confirming that Chris.

I can no longer wait for the definitive answer on this issue and will
proceedwith revamping our process w.r.t. colours in fo and pdf.

Cheers,

rjs

PS.  If it is a change in fop-1.1 I highly recommend it be mentioned
(perhaps even high-lighted) in the release notes.

rj.