Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 21:11:12 UTC

Cassandra Client for Gora trunk

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of a couple of gora-cassandra module
related discrepancies this week. As far as I'm aware, the best information
for this stuff can be found on Alexis' blog [1]. I have one, pretty major
question... what Cassandra client are we using for the module? the module's
ivy.xml has it as thrift, however when using there are unresolved
dependencies when I'm building Nutchgora.

Alexis' blog quotes the Hector client. However this is not activated in the
modules ivy.xml...

Can anyone clarify where we have agreements on this one or more importantly
what is a realistic vision to be working towards as a community, if
required we can get a jira filed which accurately describes the problem and
a cure. Currently GORA-22 is pretty unclear and pretty outdated, however
the strange thing is that it seems to have been addressed!

Thank you for any comments.

[1] http://techvineyard.blogspot.com/#Cassandra_in_Gora

--
*Lewis*

Re: Cassandra Client for Gora trunk

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

I am positive that gora-cassandra does use Hector. In fact that was the
problem with the maven build of this module, it was missing hector.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**
Blog: http://iocanel.blogspot.com
**
Apache Camel <http://camel.apache.org/> Committer
Apache ServiceMix <http://servicemix.apache.org/>  Committer
Apache Gora <http://incubator.apache.org/gora/> Committer
Apache DirectMemory <http://incubator.apache.org/directmemory/> Committer
*

Re: Cassandra Client for Gora trunk

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Just for an update. I am working towards first resolving GORA-43, getting a
stable build online, then addressing this issue surrounding upgrade of
gora-cassandra to support Cassandra to 1.X.

Thanks for now.

Lewis

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexis,