Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ganael LAPLANCHE <ma...@martymac.com> on 2002/08/23 16:18:42 UTC

XSP and Java code -- what is this generate() method ?

Hi :)
I'm trying to include some JAVA code with XSP... but I get this error message, could someone explain me
what I forgot to do ?

type fatal

message Language Exception

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling test_2_xml: Line 66, column 2: illegal start of type Line 49, column 11: class org.apache.cocoon.www.docs.test.docs.test_2_xml should be declared abstract; it does not define method generate() in interface org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator Line 0, column 0: 2 errors

Re: XSP and Java code -- what is this generate() method ?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:

> Hi :)
> I'm trying to include some JAVA code with XSP... but I get this error
> message, could someone explain me
> what I forgot to do ?

You did not forget anything, but may be done too much. Without XSP
source it's hard to tell. But somehow you managed to break XSP so it
does not implement generate() method which actually the most important
method in XSP.

Vadim