Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by wu liu <wu...@mail.usask.ca> on 2010/10/25 21:09:41 UTC

Need help for solr searching case insensative item

Hi all,

I just noticed a wierd thing happend to my solr search result.
if I do a search for "ecommons", it cannot get the result for "eCommons", instead,
if i do a search for "eCommons", i can only get all the match for "eCommons", but not "ecommons".

I cannot figure it out why?

please help me

Thanks very much in advance

Re: Need help for solr searching case insensative item

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

You need to share relevant parts of your schema for us to be able to see what's going on.

Try using fieldType="text". Basically, you need a fieldType which has the lowercaseFilter included.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by yandong yao <yy...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like WordDelimiterFilter config issue, please refer to
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
.

Also it will help if you could provide:
1) Tokenizers/Filters config in schema file
2) analysis.jsp output in admin page.