Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com> on 2001/04/25 05:25:28 UTC

Sessions -- cookies/URL rewriting hard to make work with SOAP

How does SOAP handle session scoped object and such (versus request/page)?  I can picture that a session would be started because it's running in Tomcat, for example, but there's no protocol (is there?) for sending back the session id and such so that a subsequent soap call can make use of it.

In a standard browser world, that session id would be handled in cookies or would be encoded in URLs returned in a page response.  Is the idea to make this work based on my soap handler embeddeding the session id in the response object so that the soap client can use it in the url for subsequent soap requests?  If so, how would my bean access this since it doesn't ever see the HttpRequest object that would contain the info?

David