Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anisha Karki <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 21:02:34 UTC

problem configuring tomcat7 in ubuntu 10.04

Hi,

I am new to both tomcat 7 and ubuntu. How can i configure tomcat server in
ubuntu 10.04 ?  I am novice to ubuntu and tomcat so It would be nice if
anyone could explain in detail.
(I tried but could not configure.)

Regards,
Anisha Karki

Re: problem configuring tomcat7 in ubuntu 10.04

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Anisha Karki <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

Re: problem configuring tomcat7 in ubuntu 10.04

Posted by Anisha Karki <ka...@gmail.com>.
I read that but its not clear on how to manage directories in ubuntu i.e
Where should tomcat be placed ? and what is the command to run the tomcat
server ?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Anisha Karki <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I downloaded tomcat 7.0.0 unzipped it and kept in /user/local/tomcat7/. Now
i dont know how to proceed further in ubuntu. In windows i started tomcat by
running the executable files. But in ubuntu i am stuck. Is there any