Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2013/08/13 19:02:37 UTC

Proposing a 0.11.1

All,
   I'd like to create an 0.11.1 with some fixes in it. I plan to put
together a release candidate over the next week. I'm in the process of
putting together the list of bugs that I want to include, but I wanted to
solicit the jiras that others though would be important for an 0.11.1.

Thanks,
   Owen

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Eric Chu <ec...@rocketfuel.com>.
Hi,

We recently tried to upgrade to Hive 0.11 from 0.10 and noticed we needed
to add patches for the following JIRAs to make Hive 0.11 work:

   - HIVE-4619. None of our MR queries worked without it
   - HIVE-4003. We ran into this bug in 0.10 also
   - Data Nucleus-related: At first we were only trying to get rid of the
   Data Nucleus error messages, but one Jira led to another, and we ended up
   upgrading Data Nucleus with the following:
      - HIVE-4900, HIVE-3632, HIVE-4942 (and then do ant very-clean to
      clean up old version of Data Nucleus)
   - HIVE-4647

On a separate note:

   - HIVE-5149. This bug made us revert to Hive-0.10 b/c at the time we
   didn't know what's wrong. See email titled "DISTRIBUTE BY works incorrectly
   in Hive 0.11 in some cases", which led to the creation of HIVE-5149. The
   proposed workaround works but as we noted there we still need the right
   fix. The property hive.optimize.reducededuplication already existed in
   Hive 0.10 so this is a regression.

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Owen,
Sounds good. Thanks for the update!

Mark

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com>.

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1

Posted by Mark Grover <ma...@apache.org>.
+ dev@bigtop.apache.org

Hi Owen,
I work on Apache Bigtop <http://bigtop.apache.org> and we were recently
discussing<http://search-hadoop.com/m/A8Jne2SAnHq1/bigtop+0.7+bom&subj=Re+DISCUSS+BOM+for+release+0+7+0+of+Bigtop>inclusion
of Hive 0.11 in the next release of Bigtop - Bigtop 0.7. However,
we learned during that discussion that there is a request to remove the
NPath UDF from Hive code (ASF Board minutes available
here<http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2013/board_minutes_2013_06_19.txt>
).

I was wondering if Hive 0.11.1 release would address that? Or, if a later
Hive release would or if the Hive PMC has determined that there is no issue
to be addressed afterall?

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Proposing a 0.11.1