Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2012/10/18 13:57:25 UTC

[IRC] dev meeting 2012-10-18

Hi everybody,

We had another week whizz by in IRC and real life! Thanks everybody
who attended, and reminder if the time *doesn't* work for you please
let us know!

New Actions:

- Garren Smith to send a proposal to the mailing list for futon2, &
check in with Alex Shorin & Ryan Ramage
    jspec discussions to get rolled into general futon2/jquery.couch
work with the above
- Dirkjan Ochtman to update wiki with how do add versioning
information into rst docs
- Dave Cottlehuber to keep 1.2.0 updates on track, show some visible progress
- Robert Newson to email or jira his thoughts on a migration tool from
non-sharded couch to shared bigcouch. This may or may not require an
HTTP layer
- Robert Newson to think of a better name for futon.next

In Progress:

- Noah Slater to send out release cadence as discussed in Eire with
Robert Newson
- Dave Cottlehuber will go through JIRA and mark items that block 1.3 release
- Wendall Cada and Joan Touzet to get stuck into packaging
- Noah Slater to announce 1.3 blockers JIRA workflow, and invite
contribution to final feature list
- Adam Kocoloski & Benoit Chesneau to send summary of testing in their
forks to dev@ to start the discussion
- Joan Touzet to help Wendall Cada with build system work
- Adam Kocoloski to provide woolly update on how cloudant and bigcouch
and couchdb fit together in the future

Use the Futon if you're going to sleep:
http://nexdork.com/img/9/11%5CBEA1FDA7BC42EE097C23842788B5DF6F.gif via
kxepal

[actions]: http://people.apache.org/~dch/couchdb-dev-irc-meetings/2012/couchdb-dev.2012-10-17-19.00.html
[logs]: http://people.apache.org/~dch/couchdb-dev-irc-meetings/2012/couchdb-dev.2012-10-17-19.00.log.html
[history]: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/IRC_Meeting_Minutes

Re: [IRC] dev meeting 2012-10-18

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
On 18 October 2012 13:57, Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We had another week whizz by in IRC and real life! Thanks everybody
> who attended, and reminder if the time *doesn't* work for you please
> let us know!

We're just collecting mugs of warm beverage for meeting #3 in at 9pm
CET / 8pm UTC:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=couchdb-dev-chat&iso=20121024T21&p1=259&am=55

You can experience the thrill of the countdown here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=259&iso=20121024T21&msg=couchdb-dev-chat

And meeting minutes here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201210.mbox/%3CCAL+Y1nsyof9Sf9xFQYc-5phgJV0hK5oHOk0mguuPnHPnXZW0bA@mail.gmail.com%3E

A+
Dave

Re: [IRC] dev meeting 2012-10-18

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
This is great, thanks Dave! I like the idea of tracking open/active
actions. So we don't let them fall on the ground. :)

See you all tomorrow for the meeting!

--
NS