Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Christoph <ma...@gmx.de> on 2019/09/15 09:07:52 UTC

Reconnect to same RDP session dont works...

Hi

if I start a new rdp session with guacamole and then disconnect it and
reconnect with other browser or rdp client directly then starts X a new
session... I want to have only one session and connect it from multiple
browsers and rdp clients... It is possible? How can I make it?

TiA
--
------
Greetz

Re: Reconnect to same RDP session dont works...

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 2:08 AM Christoph <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi
>
> if I start a new rdp session with guacamole and then disconnect it and
> reconnect with other browser or rdp client directly then starts X a new
> session... I want to have only one session and connect it from multiple
> browsers and rdp clients... It is possible? How can I make it?

Unless you are using different user accounts each time, there's no
configuration on the Guacamole side which would cause or avoid this. This
can only be caused by the configuration of your remote desktop server.

Assuming this is a Windows server you're connecting to, check its GPOs. It
sounds like things are set up either to automatically time out disconnected
sessions, or to always create new sessions for new connections. If using
Linux and XRDP, check XRDP's logs and see if anything jumps out as to why
sessions might be being routed in the way you describe.

- Mike