Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Field <ta...@cloudinthesky.co.uk> on 2010/03/12 20:46:54 UTC

[Announce] Tapestry Testify project - v1.0.1 released

I'd like to announce the latest release of the Tapestry Testify project at
Tapestry 360:
http://tapestry.formos.com/projects/tapestry-testify/

Tapestry Testify is an extension to Tapestry that allows you to write page
and component tests very easily and have them run very efficiently.

** Release Notes **

    * Major revamp and extension of the documentation
    * Can now render a page and test the response
(TapestryTester#renderResponse)
    * Can now autobuild fake objects (TapestryTester#autobuild)
    * Components can now see changes to @ForComponents fields even if the
fields are changed during the test
    * BugFix: @ForComponents("name") fields are not injected into properties
with a matching type but no name
    * BugFix: @Inject @Symbol doesn't work with testify
    * BugFix: @Inject in tests only injects services and not alias values
    * BugFix: Cookies should be cleared after each test
    * BugFix: Session should be cleared after each test

- Paul

---
Paul Field
http://twitter.com/cloudy_skies

Re: [Announce] Tapestry Testify project - v1.0.1 released

Posted by Paul Field <pa...@db.com>.
Hi Angelo,

I'm not entirely sure what's causing the error; but I have a workaround
:-)

Testify runs on top of Tapestry's testing infrastructure. Tapestry's
testing infrastructure doesn't route via
HttpServletRequest/HttpServletResponse - it comes in at the level of
Tapestry's own Request and Response objects. So, basically anything you do
at the servlet level won't feature in the tests.

So, I'd suggest breaking your AppModule into several modules. Put the
servlet-oriented parts into one module and then *don't* include that
module when you create the TapestryTester.

FYI, I am coming to the conclusion that building the TapestryTester from
an AppModule is not a good idea - you should pick and choose the modules
that are relevant for the kinds of tests you are doing (See
http://tapestry.formos.com/projects/tapestry-testify/types-of-testing.html).

- Paul

Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote on 13/03/2010 00:12:02:

> Hi Paul,
>
> THis is a good news, I'd like to give it another try. last time I gave
up
> after encountering a problem and can't find any solution anywhere:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/T5%3A-how-to-put-Testify-into-real-use--
> td26038980.html#a26038980
>
> any idea why I'm getting that error?
>
> Angelo

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: [Announce] Tapestry Testify project - v1.0.1 released

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
Thanks once again Paul for giving of your time to maintain Testify!! we have found Testify to be a real asset!

regards,
Peter

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi Paul,