Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/11/07 23:47:27 UTC

Flex 38862 (modal popup not working)

Hi Alex,

Could you please confirm the proposed cause of the issue, so that I can fix it :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33862

Maurice

Maurice Amsellem
SYSTAR R&D - BusinessBridgeFX

RE: Flex 38862 (modal popup not working)

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
There seems to be another issue with the children list that is used to lookup "modalWindow", but I am not sure at all of the way to fix that.
Can you please have a look at the ticket comments and advise.

Maurice

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Yes, but there is another potential issue:  findHighestModalForm does not seem to look in the correct child list, whatever the creation mode (PARENT or POPUP), at least that's what the debugger says.
This part is tricky...

I prefer to fix both issues at once, and I need Alex's help for the second one, as he was the author of the code.

WDYT?

The loop certainly looks incorrect and would cause it to freeze so I would go ahead and check that in (after testing of course).

for (var i:int = n - 1; n >= 0; i--)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flex 38862 (modal popup not working)

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Sure.

If I use Alert as the popup,  systemManager.rawChildren contains modalWindow, and the loop stops.

However,
1) if you add the popup with PopupChildrenList.POPUP, it's added in popupChildren, and the loop does not find it.

2) most strange,  if I add to the popup the class thatis provided in the example (HGroup containing a button) with no childrenList param, it should be added to rawChildren.
However, it's still not there (the ChildrenList object does not seem to be the same object, it's SystemRawChilrenList).
Why ?

Maurice

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Sounds right to me.  Thanks.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
So, my conclusion is that using Hgroup is "invalid" but there's definitely
a bug to be fixed in that loop.  Thanks for finding it.  I still can't
believe we don't have a test to catch that.

-Alex

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Makes sense.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I understand.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
> Is that normal?
Sorry , that 's French word.  I mean : is that intended ?

Maurice

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.