Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de> on 2004/03/29 09:30:46 UTC

Re: Hummingbird DM5

Jason Harrop <jh...@speedlegal.com> writes:

> Just wondering whether anyone has looked at using Hummingbird DM as a slide store?
>
> http://www.hummingbird.com/products/enterprise/dm/index.html

I don't know  Hummingbird DM at all, but from a glance at the website it looks
like it already offers most features of slide. What do you expect from a slide layer?

Martin

Re: Hummingbird DM5

Posted by Jason Harrop <jh...@speedlegal.com>.
A standard configuration of our software uses Slide (Tamino) as its
repository.

Sometimes, customers ask about integration with whatever DMS they may
have already (in this case Hummingbird DM).

There are various ways to integrate (some of which are looser than
others) - one way is to view Slide as an integration layer in front of
the DMS vendors proprietary API, hence my question.

This sort of approach may be of lessening interest if JCR/JSR170 is
widely implemented.

cheers,

Jason