Posted to user-zh@flink.apache.org by yinghua_zh <yi...@163.com> on 2022/05/18 02:54:19 UTC

Upgrade help

     I see that Flink 1.15.0 supports Kafka 0.10 , and the Kafka used in our production cluster is 0.10.0.1. However, when we upgrade Flink from 1.11.3 to 1.15.0, it is prompted that many classes of Kafka cannot be found(eg:ProducerFencedException). These classes are only available in the higher version of Kafka. If flink1 15.0 supports Kafka 0.10.0.1. What should we do?

The official website is described below:
Apache Flink ships with a universal Kafka connector which attempts to track the latest version of the Kafka client. The version of the client it uses may change between Flink releases. Modern Kafka clients are backwards compatible with broker versions 0.10.0 or later. For details on Kafka compatibility, please refer to the official Kafka documentation.