Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Giles Cope <ge...@hyperoffice.com> on 2001/03/14 16:04:11 UTC

Regexp setup problems

Simple question, why doesn't this work? I've got the relevant jars
and am using ant 1.3, but still it can find no regexp matcher!

Giles
gec@hyperoffice.com

set ORIGINAL_CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%
echo Check to see I've got the file pathnames right:
dir c:\ant\lib\jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
dir c:\ant\lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.2-dev-2.jar
pause
set
CLASSPATH=c:\ant\lib\JAKART~1.JAR;c:\ant\lib\jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar;c:\ant\lib\ja
karta-oro-2.0.2-dev-2.jar;%CLASSPATH%

%ANT_HOME%\bin\ant
-Dant.regexp.matcherimpl=org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.RegexpMatcher %1 %2 %3
%4 %5 %6 %7

set CLASSPATH=%ORIGINAL_CLASSPATH%

Re: Regexp setup problems

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Giles Cope <ge...@hyperoffice.com> wrote:

> Simple question, why doesn't this work? I've got the relevant jars
> and am using ant 1.3, but still it can find no regexp matcher!

Maybe it is due to the long directory names? I'm no Windows user at
all, but I remeber people having problems with long file names in
CLASSPATH.

BTW, you don't need ORO if you want to use jakarta-regexp - and you
don't need to specify ant.regexp.matcherimpl at all as Ant will try
ORO and jakarta-regexp automatically and use it if it can load one of
them.

Stefan