Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Peddemors <mi...@linuxmagic.com> on 2009/07/11 18:23:26 UTC

Just heading out the boat so thought I would pass this along from one of our packagers..

I looked into setting up SpamAssassin 3.3.0 tonight. The package
dependencies are off in the tarball - the version of libnetaddr-ip-perl
which comes with etch is too old, however the tarball says that it is okay.
The version we have does not have a 'new6()' method which is required by
SpamAssassin 3.3.0 (at this time). Maybe this is a bug in SpamAssassin? It
doesn't look like IPv6 is required...

Trying to minimize the amount of packages that need to be backported..
Just thought you might want to update the tests for at least this issue.

"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
Michael Peddemors - President/CEO - LinuxMagic
Products, Services, Support and Development
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com
"LinuxMagic" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.

those of the author and are not intended to  represent those of the company.

Re: Just heading out the boat so thought I would pass this along from one of our packagers..

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
hi Michael, could you open a bug on the bugzilla? thx

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
On Saturday 11 July 2009 18:23:26 Michael Peddemors wrote:
> I looked into setting up SpamAssassin 3.3.0 tonight. The package
> dependencies are off in the tarball - the version of libnetaddr-ip-perl
> which comes with etch is too old, however the tarball says that it is okay.
> The version we have does not have a 'new6()' method which is required by
> SpamAssassin 3.3.0 (at this time). Maybe this is a bug in SpamAssassin?

It doesn't look like a bug, but perhaps it would be possible to
do without new6. Don't know what would be involved.

> It doesn't look like IPv6 is required...

Even if a receiving host is not connected over IPv6, there may have been
mailers upstream which could insert an IPv6 addresses into Received header
fields or elsewhere, so it would make sense to be able to deal with them
in SpamAssassin even on an IPv4-only host.

> Trying to minimize the amount of packages that need to be backported..
> Just thought you might want to update the tests for at least this issue.

Revision history for Perl extension NetAddr::IP::Lite :

0.11  Wed Jun 14 14:53:21 PDT 2006
        add 'sub new6' and related functionality to methods
        that print or return v4/6 information or text.

Don't know to what package of libnetaddr-ip-perl this corresponds.

  Mark