Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2001/03/13 21:25:55 UTC

Re: [OT] Client Certificate Authentification module?

Kees.Vonk@uktransco.com wrote:
>I am looking for a module that will allow me to use Client
>Certificates to authenticate the users. I am pretty sure I have come
>accros this before, but I cannot find it anywhere. Anybody know where
>I can find this.
>
>I have seached CPAN for 'cert', 'authen' and 'client', but unless I
>am overlooking something there doesn't seem to be anything there.

You might want to look at mod_ssl and OpenSSL.  They can mimic basic
authentication with client certificates.
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Re: Handler without handler()

Posted by Mike Cameron <mc...@mirusweb.com>.
I believe that you need to load your module first, either in a startup file or
with PerlModule Me::MyHandler

Re: Handler without handler()

Posted by "Sean C. Brady" <se...@valueclick.com>.
Gene Dascher wrote:

> I have a handler that I want to contain all of my methods for access
> control, authentication and authorization.  I have created the file with 3
> different methods named access($$), authentication($$) and
> authorization($$).  I have these methods set up thusly in the httpd.conf
> file:
>
> <Directory /usr/local/cgi-bin>
>         PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>         AuthType Me::MyHandler
>         AuthName Me
>         PerlAccessHandler Me::MyHandler->access
>         PerlAuthenHandler Me::MyHandler->authenticate
>         PerlAuthzHandler Me::MyHandler->authorize
>         PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC
>         PerlSetVar StatINCDebug On
>         require valid-user
> </Directory>
>
> Unfortunately, every time I try and access a cgi in that directory, I get
> the following errors:
>
> Can't locate object method "access" via package "Me::MyHandler"
> access.pm: Can't locate access.pm in @INC
>
> So I have a couple of questions:

> 1) Can I write a handler that doesn't have a method named 'handler'?

Yes, you can write a handler that doesn't have a sub named 'handler'.

> 2) If so, what do I have to put in the httpd.conf file to allow Apache to
> properly access the handler methods?

I believe you need to specify the subroutine.  Otherwise the handler sub
is assumed.

> Thanks,
>
> Gene Dascher

~Sean