Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2007/01/25 02:21:10 UTC

Potential Profile bug

I really need help with this, I have done all that I could for as long
as I could.

I have a profile which I define in my global settings.xml.

<profile>
	<id>x</id>
	<properties>
		<customVersion>8.2</customVersion>
	</properties>
</profile>

I have a parent project which defines a reactor build.

<project>
	<name>parent</name>
	<modules>
		<module>a</module>
		<module>b</module>
	</modules>
</project>

Both a and b have dependencies of the type:

<artifactId>x</artifactId>
<groupId>y</groupId>
<version>${customVersion}</version>

When I build the parent, everything builds.  However, when I try to
build either a or b stand-alone, the build fails because the dependency
in a and b with version ${customVersion} is not downloaded, because
Maven cannot understand ${customVersion} in this context.

Is this is a bug?  If so, it is a serious one, and please let me know
what I can do.  I am patiently waiting, please help.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Potential Profile bug

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Can you try:
mvn help:effective-pom

from both the parent and children directories, to see how the
effective pom changes as you move from one directory to the other?

Wayne