Posted to user@struts.apache.org by list <li...@netinlet.com> on 2001/12/30 17:42:21 UTC

File upload error when no file attached - IOException

Hello,

There is a section of our app that allows a user to upload a file as an
attachment.  It is optional to upload a file, but other information on
the page is mandatory.

If no file is attached, the application hangs before executing the
Action that processes the form.  This only occurrs when no file is given
to upload. The process eventually times out and an IOException is
thrown.  I'm using the Struts 1.0 release.

I guess that someone else has run into this problem and am looking for
solutions/ workarounds.

Thank you very much for any help.

Doug