Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pamela Fong <pa...@reuters.com> on 2002/06/18 22:50:09 UTC

object serialization

I have couple questions regarding object serialization.

1) Is there an easy way to serialize a java HashMap without having to write
my own custom serializer? I only need to pass some key-value pairs as
strings. I guess I can pass them as two string arrays if it's easier.

2) I have a simple Java bean that has 2 member Strings:

    public class MyTestObject {
        private String A;
        private String B;
        // getters and setters...
   }

   I wrote a simple service that does this:
     String echoObject(MyTestObject obj)

   I did make sure I have the <BeanMapping> attribute set in my deployment
descriptor.

   I then use WSDL2Java to generate my client program. When running my
client program, I got this error:
   <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
   <faultcode
xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:Server.userException</faultcode>
   <faultstring>org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
test.myservice.MyTestObject - A</faultstring>
   <detail>
    <ns2:stackTrace
xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid
element in test.myservice.MyTestObject - A&#xd;
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.
java:208)&#xd;

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious. Does anyone know what it's
complaining about when it said "Invalid element"?

-pam