Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by bharathi swarajya <ss...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/12/18 10:30:45 UTC

Thread pool

Hi

I want to create threads from a pool. But the thread pool should behave in a controlled manner. It should not result in out of memory.
We have an application which for every user launches 5 threads.But if we create the threads at page level then there may be chance of overcreating threads and they cannot be handled. I am searching for a pooling mechanism where we can store threads instead of creating. So that we can also reduce time for creation. I am thinking to use Common pool. Could any one let me know how best I can use this.

Thanks
Bharathi

Re: Thread pool

Posted by Ole Matzura <ol...@eviware.com>.
Hi!

JDK 1.5 has built in thread-pooling features in the java.util.concurrent
package... can you use them maybe?

regards,

Ole

Re: Thread pool

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Bharathi,

> I am thinking to use Common pool.

You should post a mail to one of the "commons" mailing lists:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/pool/mail-lists.html

It's a little confusing since HttpClient used to be a commons project,
but it isn't anymore. The "commons" in our package names is there for
compatibility, but the commons project really is completely separate.

cheers,
  Roland