Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vivian King <vi...@me.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/04 23:44:27 UTC

Downloading

Gentlemen/Ladies,
 I downloaded OpenOffice and began filling out the required forms in which my credit card number was requested.  Within a few minutes of supplying that number  I was confronted with some “Lazy Games” site immediately followed by a message from Capital One asking if I had just placed an order for $45.  I had not; consequently they held up the payment, suspended my card while they search out the fraud.  Unfortunately, that meant that you were unable to accept my card which means that until I receive a replacement I cannot join OpenOffice!  I will try again when the new card is received.
Unhappily,
Vivian King

Re: Downloading

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
please send the Web URL to private@openoffice.apache.org
<pr...@openoffice.apache.org>

Re: Downloading

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
It seems you have tried to get Apache OpenOffice from an unscrupulous
location.

You should go to the official download site
https://openoffice.org/download/ where you can get Apache OpenOffice
safely and free. Make sure you read the installation instructions that
are linked from that page.

I've sent a copy of this message to you as a courtesy as you are not
subscribed to the users mailing list and thus may not see replies to
your message. Please do not respond to me directly - use the mailing list.

You can also use the Apache OpenOffice forum to get advice on Apache
OpenOffice - https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php

Re: Downloading

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
OO is free to download and use.
Wherever you got it from - it wasnt openoffice.org
Go there to download.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606