Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Maeng, Paul" <Pa...@ingramcontent.com> on 2016/04/15 21:02:26 UTC

ODBC Driver Connection failure on Windows for connecting to the Cassandra

To Whom It May Concerns:
I have a few days to spend to identify and resolve the ODBC Connection issue on ODBC Data Source Admistarator’s configuration?
Recently, we installed the 3.0 version on our dev server and validated the JDBC connection(port 9160/9042) successfully. However, after the ODBC driver installed
In my windows –7 and create the User DSN on the administrator based on the instruction using the port 9042 as default.
Once “Test” button, we connected to the cassandra on our sever and the connection shows “established” on net state. However, the connection never returned back to
The odbc data source administrator to show “Connection successfully” or ‘Failed” on the menu as expected. Until forced, the connection shows ‘established” in the dev sever under the Cassandra.

I am trying to understand the test connection supposed to be returned back to the “Test” on the configuration menu on the ODBC Administrator or not.

I appreciate if you could give an answer.

Thank you,
Paul Maeng
(615) 686-5654

Re: ODBC Driver Connection failure on Windows for connecting to the Cassandra

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
What JDBC and ODBC drivers are you using?

--
Bests,

Alex Popescu | @al3xandru
Sen. Product Manager @ DataStax

<http://cassandrasummit.org/Email_Signature>

» DataStax Enterprise - the database for cloud applications. «