Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Miller <po...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 21:05:42 UTC

Tomcat 7 Maven Plugin - set MaxPermSize

I'm using the tomcat-maven plugin to set a value for MaxPermSize but it's
not working.

You can see in the below plugin my setting for JAVA_OPTS - I've also tried
MAVEN_OPTS and CATALINA_OPTS.

I can see that it's not working using jvisualvm (can also tell because my
app eventually craps out).

The only way that I can get an increase in perm gen size is to explicitly
set it like this:
MAVEN_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m"

Is it possible to use the tomcat-maven plugin to specify MaxPermSize size?

Thanks!

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
    <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.0</version>
    <configuration>
        <systemProperties>
            <JAVA_OPTS>-XX:MaxPermSize=1024M</JAVA_OPTS>
        </systemProperties>
        <backgroundProcessorDelay>5</backgroundProcessorDelay>

<contextFile>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/META-INF/context.xml</contextFile>
        <path>/xyz</path>
    </configuration>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.9</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
            <artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>
            <version>2.0.9</version>
        </dependency>
    <dependencies>
</plugin>

Re: Tomcat 7 Maven Plugin - set MaxPermSize

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/11 David Miller <po...@gmail.com>:
> I'm using the tomcat-maven plugin to set a value for MaxPermSize but it's
> not working.
>
> You can see in the below plugin my setting for JAVA_OPTS - I've also tried
> MAVEN_OPTS and CATALINA_OPTS.
>
> I can see that it's not working using jvisualvm (can also tell because my
> app eventually craps out).
>
> The only way that I can get an increase in perm gen size is to explicitly
> set it like this:
> MAVEN_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m"
>
> Is it possible to use the tomcat-maven plugin to specify MaxPermSize size?
Nope that's the only way as running tomcat with the plugin is not done
in a jvm forked mode but in the same jvm as maven.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com