Posted to users@camel.apache.org by pp <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/23 20:59:00 UTC

move alternate files to different folder

I am trying to move large amount of files into two different folders.  I want
to move them alternately for now. From what I understand with camel router,
I can use dynamic routing to do this.  Is this correct? Any inputs are
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: move alternate files to different folder

Posted by pp <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info.

Re: move alternate files to different folder

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
The simple test will send the files to <project dir>/target/out/(dir1|dir2).

BTW - the test is complete (minus the import statements).  Paste it into a java file and run/play with it.

Posted by pp <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by pp <ph...@gmail.com>.
based on the code in the configure method doesn't the camel router send the
file to //target/out?

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
For the file producer, you can set the CamelFileName header and include the dynamic part there.

public class DynamicFileNameTest extends CamelTestSupport {

    @Override
    protected RoutesBuilder createRouteBuilder() throws Exception {
        return new RouteBuilder() {
            @Override
                from( "direct://source")
                        .setHeader("CamelFileName", simple( "${header[MyTargetDir]}/${date:now:yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS}.txt"))
                        .to("file://target/out")
                        ;
            }
        };
    }

    @Test
    public void testDynamicRoute() throws Exception {
        template.sendBodyAndHeader( "direct://source", "Body One", "MyTargetDir", "dir1");
        template.sendBodyAndHeader( "direct://source", "Body Two", "MyTargetDir", "dir2");

    }
}