Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2012/12/03 23:44:15 UTC

traffic_cop doesn't wait() for children

Hey folks,

I opened a ticket about an issue that ibrezac and econnel
reported on IRC:

When traffic_cop is supervised by upstart, and is restarted,
it does not wait() for traffic_manager and traffic_server
to terminate. That is bad, because traffic_manager is now
still running, and a new traffic_cop tries to start a new
traffic_manager. That doesn't work!

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1609

I have "attached" two patches, for master and 3.2.x:

  https://github.com/igalic/trafficserver/tree/sig_term
  https://github.com/igalic/trafficserver/tree/3.2.x-sig

The latter has been running successfully in my test and production
servers, but my load is probably very different from yours, so
testing, review and feedback are highly welcomed!

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org