Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/05/21 18:39:01 UTC

Spring/Aries/Jetty versions for 3.0....

Curious what people think about the various versions for CXF 3.

Aries:
We current support 1.x and 0.3.x via a bunch of reflection stuff.  If we drop support for 0.3.x, we can clean up some of that reflection code.  However, we then lose support for Karaf 2.2.x.

Spring:
We current test with 3.1, but have some level of support for 2.5.x by calling a bunch of deprecated methods instead of the newer methods.   Thoughts about at least dropping support for 2.5.x?  Likely should move to 3.2 as our default, but keep support for 3.1?

Jetty:
We current test and ship 8.1, but have support for 7.x via a bunch of reflection code.   Since even Karaf 2.3 uses 7.x, we likely need to keep this.  :-(

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Spring/Aries/Jetty versions for 3.0....

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It sounds good, here is my +1.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

For CXF 3,
+1 to drop aries 0.3.x support
+1 to drop spring 2.5.x support and use spring 3.2 by default but still support spring 3.1
and yeah,  we better still support jetty 7.x in CXF 3

Thanks
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat