Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by advait75 <ad...@retailwave.com> on 2009/11/26 14:31:40 UTC

Keeping track of changes to data in Entity

Hi,

Does OFBiz have any kind if audit trail mechanism? In other words, I would
like to keep a record of every change that has been made in the data in an
entity, and who has made the change.
I would like to know what entity, field was modified, and what the old value
was, the new value is and who changed this data and when.

I have seen similar posts a few years ago on the forum, but couldn't find an
answer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Keeping track of changes to data in Entity

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
If you have any problems simply remove enable-audit-log where needed

OOTB only some OrderItem,  OrderItemShipGroup and ReturnItem fields are concerned. Nobody complained so far...

Jacques

From: "prasath" <pr...@gmail.com>

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:57 PM, prasath <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ofbiz maintaining logs in single table EntityAuditLog,
> What about load and performance?

It affects the overall performance, you have to use it very carefully,
only for the fields/entities you are interested to audit.

When we last used it, If I remember correct we also did some changes
to the audit log code, to improve its performance, which actually had
some good effect (but not big though)

Bilgin

Posted by advait75 <ad...@retailwave.com>.
Hi Amit,

Thank you for the extremely prompt response. It works great.

Thanks again.

Posted by Amit Sharma <am...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Advait