Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/29 15:44:48 UTC

[discuss] move jenkins build message to a new mailing list

Hi all,

How do you think about move jenkins's notification
"build-failure"/"build-stable" to a new mailing list?

Now, it is sent to dev@, and some people may think it is annoying..

So, how do you think about it?

for jira issues now)
option 2: create a new mailing list.
option 3: keep current status

Best,

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

well … I would like to bring the idea of making the build more solid, that there are less failures?
It did seem as if there are some flaky tests. Not quite sure, but I think having build failures on “develop” on the list is good. Build failures of non-develop branches however not.

We’re currently working hard in PLC4X in fixing issues failing the build regularly/randomly.

If we move them somewhere else, we’re running danger to simply no longer pay attention to the build failing.

Chris

Von: Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>
Datum: Freitag, 30. Juni 2023 um 11:33
An: dev@iotdb.apache.org <de...@iotdb.apache.org>