Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2007/11/26 17:27:16 UTC

FAKE_HELO_LYCOS false positive

I'm pretty sure that the FAKE_HELO_LYCOS rule is hitting legit mail from
Lycos. Add that on top of the fact it is sending bogus HTML mail and it
is pushed above 5.0. Looking at the check_for_rdns_helo_mismatch code, I
do see there are debug statements in there to indicated why the rule
fired. However, with spamassassin -D or spamassassin -D -t I don't see
those statements. All I see is:

[8168] dbg: rules: ran eval rule FAKE_HELO_LYCOS ======> got hit (1)

What does one need to do to see the dgb("eval: ") lines from the function?

Here's the Received line coming into my server:

(bos-mail-outfilter1.bos.lycos.com [209.202.208.115])
        by vaccine2.sendit.nodak.edu (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id
lAQEugvO031986
        for <my...@sendit.nodak.edu>; Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:56:43 -0600

I don't see why the rule is hitting and I can't seem to get the debug
lines to tell me either. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard