Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lassi Lehto <La...@fgi.fi> on 2002/03/06 10:00:05 UTC

A second Batic instance failing

I have a servlet based code to render data from a database. I use Batik to
rasterize an SVG image into a JPEG or PNG image before it goes out to be
displayed in the browser. My system works fine when I have only one servlet.
But once I add a second servlet which also makes use of Batik, I get the
following message on first try:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Instance(10100) of org.apache.batik.ext.awt.TranscodingHintKey already
registered at
java.awt.RenderingHints$Key.recordIdentity(RenderingHints.java:45) at
java.awt.RenderingHints$Key.(RenderingHints.java:64) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.TranscodingHintKey.(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.RenderingHintsKeyExt.(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.GraphicsUtil.createGraphics(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.genRect(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.gvt.filter.GraphicsNodeRed8Bit.copyData(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.TileCacheRed.genRect(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.AbstractTiledRed.copyToRasterByBlock
s(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.AbstractTiledRed.copyData(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.TranslateRed.copyData(Unknown
Source) at org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.rendered.PadRed.copyData(Unknown
Source) at org.apache.batik.gvt.renderer.StaticRenderer.repaint(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder.transcode(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(Unknown
Source)

...and the following one in all the subsequent tries:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at
[...]

The order in which I call the servlets is important. The one which I call
first works, and the one which I call secondly will fail. What is the
problem?

With thanks,
Lassi Lehto

Lassi Lehto, Lic. Tech., Research Scientist
Finnish Geodetic Institute
Department of Geoinformatics and Cartography
PO Box 15, FIN-02431 Masala
FINLAND
E-mail: Lassi.Lehto@fgi.fi    Tel: +358-9-29555210