Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 08:36:30 UTC

camel-jetty artifact name issue

Hi,

We introduced camel-jetty8 and camel-jetty9 two modules in Camel 2.15-SNAPSHOT and camel-jetty is not exit any more.

When I tried to run the tests of camelinaction, I have to change the pom.xml to choice camel-jetty8 or camel-jetty9 to run the test.

My think we need to rename camel-jetty9 to camel-jetty to give the default choice for the user before cutting the camel 2.15.0.

Any thought?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Java 6 is NOT supported anymore since Camel 2.14.x.

So if Jetty9 requires JDK7 or 8 then that is fine.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No problem, but it means that it will force the users to use Jetty9 by
default (and so Karaf 4).

As the current stable release of Karaf is K3 (Jetty8), maybe renaming
camel-jetty8 to camel-jetty makes more sense.

Or just a release note to "force" users to use jetty8 or 9 (it's
transparent using the Karaf features afair).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree, it's what I tried to say in my previous e-mail.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Current I didn’t rename the Jetty8 or Jetty9 module, I just added camel-jetty module back to provide the backward support[1]. I think we can move to use Jetty9 by default in Camel 2.16.x and just give the user some time to catch up.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8447

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 to include the Jetty9 upgrade into Camel 2.15.0.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com