Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Cooper <se...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/08 21:36:22 UTC

Is there a mechanism to control the HTTP header order?

I have an application that I am test crawling with a COTS search
engine.  It runs fine in an embedded version of Tomcat where the
header order is
"http/1.0 200 OK, Content-Type, Connection:close, Date, Server,
Last-Modified", but the header order for the stand-alone Tomcat
installation in Windows came out as "http/1.0 ok, Last-Modified,
Content-Type, Date, Server,
Connection:close".  Which is causing a problem with the COTS search product.

Is there any mechanism to control the order that Tomcat displays the
HTTP headers in?  I need to ensure that the Last-Modified header
appears after the Date header.

-Sean

Re: Is there a mechanism to control the HTTP header order?

Posted by Denis Haskin <de...@haskinferguson.net>.
And you should tell the vendor of the COTS search engine that they're
not following the HTTP spec:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.2

"The order in which header fields with differing field names are
received is not significant."

dwh

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Nope.