Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darul <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/03 15:13:24 UTC

Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Hello,

While documents are indexed, I mean I can retrieve it with solr
administration console, it is taking too long, about 5 minutes before I can
see it using SolrJ API.

Do you have any Idea on how to resolve this please ?

Only specific configuration I have is :

<autoCommit>

         <maxTime>30000</maxTime>
       </autoCommit>

Thanks,

Jul

Re: Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
Well, I guess, it is stupid to make +creation_date:[* TO NOW] filter....

Re: Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Christopher, I have found one issue in my code when building a
query, thus I do not know why it is not working.

When I comment this line, I get right result count :

// solrQuery.setParam("fq", "+creation_date:[* TO NOW] +type:QUESTION");

Where creation_date is one Date field and type one String field.

I have tried those 2 lines which also make the query retrieve wrong count
whereas with curl working...:

solrQuery.addFilterQuery("creation_date:[* TO NOW]");
solrQuery.addFilterQuery("type:QUESTION");

When I remove filter on date, it works :

solrQuery.addFilterQuery("type:QUESTION");

any problem with adding 2 filters and one with a date ?

Is there any problem with this syntax for filter query and SolrJ ?

Re: Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Posted by Christopher Gross <co...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, lack of sleep made me see an extra "0" in there.

I haven't had this issue -- but after every batch of items that I post
into Solr with SolrJ I run the commit() routine on my instance of the
CommonsHttpSolrServer, so they show up immediately.  You could try
altering your code to do that, or changing the maxDocs setting to a
smaller number that would trigger more often.

I don't know of cache on SolrJ...but I know that after I insert
records I can immediately search for them in my JUnit tests.

-- Chris

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
Any SolrJ cache ? I am newbie ;)

Re: Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
30000ms = 5 minutes ? Are you sure you are not mistaking...
30000ms = 30s

Re: Documents Indexed, SolrJ see nothing before long time

Posted by Christopher Gross <co...@gmail.com>.
See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml

The example in the wiki is:
    <autoCommit>
      <maxDocs>10000</maxDocs> <!-- maximum uncommited docs before
autocommit triggered -->
      <maxTime>86000</maxTime> <!-- maximum time (in MS) after adding
a doc before an autocommit is triggered -->
    </autoCommit>

So since you have yours set to 30000, that translates to 30,000 ms,
which is 5 minutes.  If you want the autocommit feature to trigger
more often, you could decrease the number.  Dropping it to 6000 would
make it auto commit every minute, but I don't know if that is too
often for you.

-- Chris

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.