Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com> on 2008/03/25 19:24:09 UTC

URL manipulation library

I'm getting tired of writing str.indexOf("?") == -1.  Does anyone know
of a good library for parsing and modifying URLs, something with a
compatible license?

Re: URL manipulation library

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> wrote:
>  I don't know of one myself, but for this trivial example why don't you just
>  use the URI class?

Because it creates immutable objects.  I want something that can add
query parameters, etc...

>  I'm all for writing a url builder / extractor to get at individual query
>  parameters if there isn't a decent one we can borrow from elsewhere though.

+1.

Re: URL manipulation library

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Brian Eaton <be...@google.com> wrote:

> I'm getting tired of writing str.indexOf("?") == -1.  Does anyone know
> of a good library for parsing and modifying URLs, something with a
> compatible license?

I don't know of one myself, but for this trivial example why don't you just
use the URI class?

URI uri = URI.create("http://opensocial.org/request?foo=bar&bar=baz#blah");
String scheme = uri.getScheme(); // "http"
String host = uri.getAuthority(); // "opensocial.org"
String path = uri.getPath(); // "/request"
String query = uri.getQuery(); // "foo=bar&bar=baz"
String fragment = uri.getFragment(); // "blah"

--
~Kevin

Re: URL manipulation library

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Abdera includes an IRI implementation that may work out.  We're getting
ready to release the 0.4.0 version.  Just grab the i18n jar.

- James