Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Arpon <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/16 13:47:25 UTC

Tomcat doesn 't stop in AIX

Hi, this is the envirnonment:

AIX 5.2 64 bits
IBM java sdk 1.4 64 bits (/usr/java14_64)
Tomcat 4.1.24

The problem: when I try to stop it with shutdown.sh, all seems right, no error
or exception, but the process is still there and the port open (although tomcat
is not serving pages anymore).

Last message in catalina_log:

2003-06-16 08:40:20 EngineConfig: EngineConfig: Processing STOP

Las messages in catalina.out:

ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for NamingResources
org.apache.catalina.deploy.NamingResources@50515243
ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for NamingResources
org.apache.catalina.deploy.NamingResources@71571242
ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for NamingResources
org.apache.catalina.deploy.NamingResources@4dd49246
ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for Engine StandardEngine[Standalone]
ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for Service
StandardService[Tomcat-Standalone]
ServerLifecycleListener: Destroying MBean for Server StandardServer[8005]
GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Destroying MBeans for Global JNDI Resources
Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone

The question: of course, if someone knows what 's happening, please share it
with me, but at least I 'd like to ask what kind of debug can I enable to help
me get to the problem ?

I 've searched IBM site and I have the latest jdk, no patches available.

Regards,

Martin

Re: Tomcat doesn 't stop in AIX

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Sorry - right after I hit the send button - I realized my wording was incorrent.

For SUN jvms (on unix) you can typically "kill -s HUP java_pid" which will
perform a dump of all existing threads to standard output. Each thread will
be listed with its own stacktrace as well as if it is a daemon thread or
non-daemon thread.

-Tim

Re: Tomcat doesn 't stop in AIX

Posted by Martin Arpon <ma...@yahoo.com>.