Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <mg...@apache.org> on 2020/05/05 23:01:29 UTC

A problem with recipes that auto create missing parent nodes

Hi Everyone,

I'm using v4.0.1

I have listeners for nodes and for nodes beneath them and I have some race
conditions in my code that lead to starting those listeners after the
parent node is remove. When this happens, parent nodes are created with
blank data which fires the event/callback method for those nodes which
forces me to handle those scenarios.

I understand that I may need to handle those race conditions but it would
be much easier for me and cleaner for my code if the listeners fail if the
path doesn't exist in the first place.

My question is it's planned to have the ability to configure the listeners
to fail if the associated path doesn't exist? I looked into the code and it
doesn't seem there is a way to have this behavior modified. I believe the
same goes for the LeaderLatch class.