Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/16 14:30:24 UTC

Unit Test failure

Job POI-DSL-OpenJDK fails, since before my recent change, apparently,
with this stack.  It passes for me locally, and the other build
flavors pass.

Anyone know what's going on with this one?

javax.imageio.IIOException: Invalid argument to native writeImage
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.writeImage(Native Method)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.writeOnThread(JPEGImageWriter.java:1067)
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.write(JPEGImageWriter.java:363)
at javax.imageio.ImageWriter.write(ImageWriter.java:615)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.doWrite(ImageIO.java:1612)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(ImageIO.java:1578)
at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.TestBugs.test46515(TestBugs.java:2949)

Re: Unit Test failure

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

It's a bug in Open JDK compared to Oracle JDK, see
http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7044758
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2453 and
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3432388/imageio-not-able-to-write-a-jpeg-file

I was about to adjust the test to ignore the error on OpenJDK, but Andi
beat me to it with another fix (Thanks!), so we should be fine again.

Dominik.

Re: Unit Test failure