Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/07 02:51:42 UTC

Getting memory error when starting spark shell but not often

Hi,
I am using EMR 4.7 with Spark 1.6
Sometimes when I start the spark shell I get below error

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO:
> os::commit_memory(0x00000005662c0000, 10632822784, 0) failed; error='Cannot
> allocate memory' (errno=12)
> #
> # There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to
> continue.
> # Native memory allocation (malloc) failed to allocate 10632822784 bytes
> for committing reserved memory.
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /tmp/jvm-6066/hs_error.log

Has any body encountered this kind of issue .
Would really appreciate the resolution.

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Getting memory error when starting spark shell but not often

Posted by Terry Hoo <hu...@gmail.com>.
Maybe not enough continues memory (10G?) in your host

Regards,
- Terry