Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2002/03/14 09:51:51 UTC

SiteMap Interpreter behaving differently to SiteMap Compiler

Hi All,

I just switched my cocoon.xmap to use TreeProcessor instead of the SiteMap
compiler.

<slash-edit/> stops working ......

I have not had time to work out why, but at first glance it may be this :

    	<!-- get|view|new a page as a form or a view, in the document root -->
			<map:match pattern="*(*)/*">
				<map:aggregate element="{1}" label="agg">
                                ---

no substitution here ------------+

					<map:part src="editor/docs/{2}-config.xml"/>
					<map:part src="cocoon:raw:/fetch-{1}({2},/,{3})"/>
				</map:aggregate>
				<map:transform src="editor/stylesheets/editor-page2html.xsl"/>
				<map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
			</map:match>

ie. It appears to try to make the element <{1}>.

Does this make sense?

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pa...@vizzavi.net>

Re: SiteMap Interpreter behaving differently to SiteMap Compiler

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 12:04 pm +0100 14/3/02, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I just switched my cocoon.xmap to use TreeProcessor instead of the SiteMap
>>>compiler.
>>>

>>Me too... I've had also some problems but haven't had yet the time to
>>investigate further. So I had to switch back...
>>
>Can you describe what happens or what behaves differently ?
>
>>><slash-edit/> stops working ......
>>>
>>>I have not had time to work out why, but at first glance it may be this :
>>>

>>>    	<!-- get|view|new a page as a form or a view, in the document root -->
>>>			<map:match pattern="*(*)/*">
>>>				<map:aggregate element="{1}" label="agg">
>>>                                ---
>>>no substitution here ------------+
>>>
>Good analysis, Jeremy ! It's now corrected, and it seems to work fine.
>Can you please cross-check ?

Wow, that was fast!
Yes, it is working, thanks!

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I just switched my cocoon.xmap to use TreeProcessor instead of the SiteMap
>>compiler.
>>

>Me too... I've had also some problems but haven't had yet the time to
>investigate further. So I had to switch back...

Can you describe what happens or what behaves differently ?

>><slash-edit/> stops working ......
>>
>>I have not had time to work out why, but at first glance it may be this :
>>

>>    	<!-- get|view|new a page as a form or a view, in the document root -->
>>			<map:match pattern="*(*)/*">
>>				<map:aggregate element="{1}" label="agg">
>>                                ---
>>no substitution here ------------+

Good analysis, Jeremy ! It's now corrected, and it seems to work fine.
Can you please cross-check ?

>>					<map:part src="editor/docs/{2}-config.xml"/>
>>					<map:part src="cocoon:raw:/fetch-{1}({2},/,{3})"/>
>>

>geez... what is that "cocoon:raw:/" this works? Two protocols?

This is a sub-protocol. In this particular case, it means that the
request parameters aren't transmitted to handle the "cocoon:" request.

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: SiteMap Interpreter behaving differently to SiteMap Compiler

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.