Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sa...@swisscom.com on 2005/10/10 19:46:38 UTC

missing versions in plugin poms?

i cleaned my copy of maven-components and got a clean checkout from
subversion. after that lots of integration tests fail now. and my builds
dont work anymore coz maven-resources-plugin  cannot resolve some
versions. looking into the pom i
see:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-project</artifactId>
    </dependency>

with no version. trying to build and isntall the plugin fails with

[INFO] Diagnosis: Error configuring:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-pl
ugin. Reason: Cannot resolve plugin dependencies

what am i doing wrong?

Re: missing versions in plugin poms?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You must bootstrap if you are building from SVN.

However, there should be no need to build from SVN unless you are
testing a specific fix or submitting patches. For general use, the
last release will suffice.

- Brett