Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2002/05/29 15:46:07 UTC

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/search make.pl .swishcgi.conf search_options

At 07:52 PM 05/29/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>> I guess Bill's point was that it's a CGI-executable dir, so we don't
>> want any confusion about what is CGI and what not.
>
>that makes sense. In any case I've fixed that now.

Is it a CGI-executable dir?  I'm using:

deny from all
<files swish.cgi>
   allow from all
#   Options +ExecCGI
</files>

But, of course, that depends on the server, and the server's config (e.g.
if Options are allowed, etc.).

Stas, I guess I need to add the files built by make.pl to CVS.  Seems
awkward to me since I'm used to keeping only source in CVS, but since
there's no "Makefile" type of struture to build dependencies I suppose they
need to be in CVS.  In the pervious incarnation of Docset (pod2hpp?) I use
a Makefile to build all dependencies first, and the Makefile then runs
bin/build.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/search make.pl .swishcgi.conf search_options

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Bill Moseley wrote:
> At 07:52 PM 05/29/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>>I guess Bill's point was that it's a CGI-executable dir, so we don't
>>>want any confusion about what is CGI and what not.
>>
>>that makes sense. In any case I've fixed that now.
>

> Is it a CGI-executable dir?  I'm using:
>
> deny from all
> <files swish.cgi>
>    allow from all
> #   Options +ExecCGI
> </files>
>
> But, of course, that depends on the server, and the server's config (e.g.
> if Options are allowed, etc.).

In any case it's not copied now.

> Stas, I guess I need to add the files built by make.pl to CVS.

I've done this already.

> Seems awkward to me since I'm used to keeping only source in CVS, but since
> there's no "Makefile" type of struture to build dependencies I suppose they
> need to be in CVS.  In the pervious incarnation of Docset (pod2hpp?) I use
> a Makefile to build all dependencies first, and the Makefile then runs
> bin/build.

I guess we can add this feature to DocSet. I'm not planning to do that
any time soon, as I've too many other things to do. If anybody
implements it, that would be cool. I'll add it to the TODO list.

As of this moment we just commit autogenerated things.

Re: cvs commit: modperl-docs/src/search make.pl .swishcgi.conf search_options

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 15:46 29.05.2002, Bill Moseley wrote:
>At 07:52 PM 05/29/02 +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >> I guess Bill's point was that it's a CGI-executable dir, so we don't
> >> want any confusion about what is CGI and what not.
> >
> >that makes sense. In any case I've fixed that now.
>
>Is it a CGI-executable dir?  I'm using:
>
>deny from all
><files swish.cgi>
>    allow from all
>#   Options +ExecCGI
></files>
>
>But, of course, that depends on the server, and the server's config (e.g.
>if Options are allowed, etc.).

Yes, I knew that, but just meant that some files are *.pl and supposed to
be executed by the server, while some only at build-time...

>Stas, I guess I need to add the files built by make.pl to CVS.  Seems
>awkward to me since I'm used to keeping only source in CVS, but since
>there's no "Makefile" type of struture to build dependencies I suppose they
>need to be in CVS.  In the pervious incarnation of Docset (pod2hpp?) I use
>a Makefile to build all dependencies first, and the Makefile then runs
>bin/build.

It'll be slightly easier this way.. As Stas said, we won't run make.pl too
often anyway, so everything'll be ok.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be