Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Lister Jonathan <jo...@vaisala.com> on 2019/04/03 14:05:40 UTC

NB 10 Copy / paste error from Output window

Hi,
I am running NB 10 on Windows 10 with a 4k monitor (3840 x 2160).
I configure a larger font via netbeans.conf:

netbeans_default_options=" ...
--fontsize 16"

Whenever I copy / paste text from the output log I get extra characters from before the start of the selected text and am missing characters from the end of the selected text. For example (see the screen shot in the file "Output.png") I would expect the pasted text in this case to be "Final method" but it is actually ": Final met".

This problem does not occur with NB 8 on the same system setup.

Re: NB 10 Copy / paste error from Output window

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On 4/3/2019 7:05 AM, Lister Jonathan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running NB 10 on Windows 10 with a 4k monitor (3840 x 2160).
> I configure a larger font via netbeans.conf:
>
> netbeans_default_options=" ...
> --fontsize 16"
>

> Whenever I copy / paste text from the output log I get extra characters from before the start of the selected text and am missing characters from the end of the selected text. For example (see the screen shot in the file "Output.png") I would expect the pasted text in this case to be "Final method" but it is actually ": Final met".
>
> This problem does not occur with NB 8 on the same system setup.

Hi,

I'm running NetBeans 10 with JDK 11.0.2 on Windows 10 professional with
a 27" monitor. My resolution is 2560 x 1440 and I'm running at 125% for
text size in the display settings.

I have the following font size set in netbeans.conf as the last entry in
the netbeans_default_options:

--fontsize 12

I'm using monospace 12 pt font in the console settings.

I am using the Windows look and feel, and I have not modified the
execution to use the application's DPI settings.

So my environment is a little less high definition than yours. I don't
have any trouble copying from the output window to a text editor (tried
notepad, jEdit, and notepad++).

I've mostly seen weird offsets like that when I needed to adjust the DPI
under the Compatibility settings (right mouse -> Properties ->
Compatibility tab). This went away for NetBeans 10 once I started using
JDK 11.

Hope there's some useful information in all of that.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Re: NB 10 Copy / paste error from Output window

Posted by Darin Miller <da...@gmail.com>.
A data point from Linux: Similar setup works fine under Kubuntu 19.04 (I
don't have w10 to validate).
 o__
  >/
( )\( ) Darin | 208-991-4421