Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Philip, Anil [ITS]" <ap...@sprintspectrum.com> on 2004/04/21 01:11:20 UTC

[DBUtils] newbie qs

I am simply looking for a library to connect to Oracle, (with connection
pooling ability) that is easy to use but performs decently...
I was directed to dbutils.
Are there basic complete examples or a manual? This page does not
explain much.
 http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/examples.html

thanks,
Anil Philip
Overland Park, KS

Re: [DBUtils] newbie qs

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Philip, Anil [ITS]" <ap...@sprintspectrum.com> wrote:
> I am simply looking for a library to connect to Oracle, (with connection
> pooling ability) that is easy to use but performs decently...
> I was directed to dbutils.

There are several OSS Java connection pools available.  The Jakarta
Commons implementation is DBCP.  DbUtils is a JDBC helper library that you
may use with a connection pool, but is not a connection pool itself.

> Are there basic complete examples or a manual? This page does not
> explain much.
>  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbutils/examples.html

There's not a whole lot to explain because DbUtils is small and focused.
The examples page is all we have so far but patches are welcome!

David